New CAT-4 LTE IoT Module Series Expands Quectel’s 4G Portfolio 02/03/2016
New CAT-4 LTE IoT Module Series Expands Quectel’s 4G Portfolio
Quectel Wireless Solutions, a leading global supplier of GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA(+)/LTE and GNSS modules, solutions and services, will launch the LTE-Cat 4 module for applications requiring high-speed data with the need for fallback to 3G in Q2, 2016. Samples of this module will be available in Q2, 2016.
EC25 series is the new generation of Quectel’s LTE modules. Adopted the 3GPP Rel. 10 LTE technology, it delivers 150Mbps downlink and 50Mbps uplink data rates and is fallback compatible with Quectel's UMTS/HSPA+ UC20 module and multimode LTE EC20 module in the compact and unified form factor, providing a flexible and scalable platform for migrating from UMTS/HSPA+ to LTE. EC25 contains 7 variants EC25-C,EC25-CE, EC25-E, EC25-AUT, EC25-AU, EC25-V and EC25-A, which makes it backward-compatible with existing EDGE and GSM/GPRS networks to ensure that it can connect even in remote areas devoid of 4G or 3G coverage.
● Maximum data rate of 150Mbps downlink
● Worldwide LTE and UMTS/HSPA+ and GSM/GPRS/EDGE coverage
● MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability in modem wireless communication systems
● GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate fixes in any environments
More than Fast
● Based on MDM9x07 platform, ARM7 Cortex-A7 @1.2GHz
● Integration of GPS, Glonass, Beidou and Galileo
● Both Multi-mode LTE and LTE-Only versions
● New Versions for AT&T/Verizon/Telstra/Brazil
● Pin to Pin compatible with Quectel’s EC20 and UC20
● A single PCB layout for use by all end-product variations
CAT3=>LTE CAT4=>LTE CAT1